Wednesday, March 15, 2006

AI - 12

Here we go again...

First, I'd be remiss not to point out the JPL cameo!! So funny: 1) that he was there and 2) that I recognized him after all these years...

LAST WEEK: I was pleased with results, though was just starting to like Gedeon who can sing better than at least Kevin, Bucky and Ace. No constituency. Felt bad for Ayla that she cried and still had to sing. Thought Bo Bice was horrible and looked exactly the same as last year.

THIS WEEK: There was a shocking amount of crying this week, which I normally appreciate, but it seemed excessive. Anyway, for the week's review I think from now on I'll go worst to best OVERALL not just for the week's performance:

12. Bucky - How in the WORLD did they think he did even a decent job. I couldn't stand him. I just tried to sing that song on a karoke machine and it's hard, but even I did better than him. He has no depth or range vocally.
11. Pickler - She was horrible, but her interview made up for her painful performance. She's completely cute and likable and will be around for a while.
10. Chicken Little - Definitely the JPL of the season where the only thing he has going for him is the whole sex symbol thing, and I'm already past actually laughing and to a forced chuckle when the jokes are made. While I'm still surprised at his singing, he'll be gone soon. Plus, he pissed Simon off trying to be a sexy thug. The makeup comment was funny though.
9. Ace - Pretty boy. I'm starting to lose interest in his voice. It's not the voice of a champion.
8. Melissa - I still like her voice and thought she did well.
7. Lisa - She's good and has potential. I just can't wait for her to sing a whitney song so she can go home.
6. Elliot - Nerves got to him. He still has a chance if he can control himself, figure out a way to command the stage and continue to find a personality...he's on the cusp of...

TOP FIVE!!!
5. Paris
- She was great. She's spunky, always looks hip, has the attitude and stage presence all the time.
4. Mandesa - Love her. Solid every week. She'll be around for a long time.
3. Taylor - The kid's got soul! He's always unique and really takes control of whatever song he sings. He goes for it every week and always seems comfortable with the music. I look forward to themes that will push him.
2. Chris - He's solid every week. I really like him and his story (which I usually try to ignore). I only hope the rocker style doesn't get old 6 weeks from now. I also really thought he was going to throw the mic stand at the band or through the big screen there at the end! I actually got nervous about that. Also, he's got a little goat-girl in his voice.
1. McPHEVER - I've been infected. love the personality, stage presence; right on with the Kelly reference. I can't wait for HER to sing big band...or anything for that matter.

BOTTOM THREE:
Bucky, Kevin, Melissa with Bucky going home (pleeeeeeeease send Bucky home)

No comments: