Tuesday, March 28, 2006

AI - 10 (and 11 for posterity)

Last week, despite a valiant effort, Chicken Little had to go home.  I think I actually might miss him more than none, which is hard to admit.  It boils down to the fact that I'd rather see him on tour with the top ten than Bucky.  Speaking of...

10. Bucky - Did you catch that he's married?  There go his constituents!  On a serious note....seriously, you're done.
9. Lisa - I thought she performed well in that she seemed passionate, BUT the only reason I really liked it is because it made me appreciate Kelly Clarkson that much more.  Sorry Lisa.
8.
Ace
- SO sick of the look that he always gives the camera.  And, I was more than a little skeeved out by his opening his shirt to show off a scar while giving the look; and to top it off, Paula propositioned him.  Easy Paula.  That didn't go over so well last time.  Oh yeah, and he can't sing.  Horrible performance.
7. Pickler - Suds in a Bucket?  Excuse me?  You could tell she wasn't into it.  But there's something about her that makes her impossible to not like.  Even when they ripped her up for song choice, she just kept apologizing in that southern twang.  I like that she doesn't take it personally or try to justify her poor decisions.  She's so cute, but in the way that I kind of feel sorry for her apparent ignorance.  But is it all a lie?  VFTW and her faithful country constituents will keep her around for a while.
6. Elliot - I really liked him again this week.  I almost busted him into the top five, but I'm not at all convinced he can break up the to five.

TOP FIVE - still intact, but a little mixed up
For these, because they'll be around for FIVE MORE WEEKS and have rock-solid constituencies, I'll rate just this week's performance.
5. Chris
- He was SCARY.  The song was way too angry and might have scared away some of his tween fans.  The rocker thing is definitely already old and I crossed that fine line with Simon this week.  Last week he was praised for "knowing who he is."  This week it was just too much.
4. Paris - Not that memorable a song.  It was like she played dress-up with her mother's clothes -- too much makeup, jewelry and colorful clothing.  Definitely a wannabe performance.  The saving grace is that she can really command attention and dominate a stage.  And I actually found myself appreciating Paula's comment on the dancing, which I guess makes me totally OLD!
3
. McPHEVER
- I was very surprised that the judges liked it as much as they did.  They definitely see talent in her and don't want her to go home (conspiracy theories begin?).   I just don't wish Christina Aguilera songs on anyone -- to hard to replicate and make memorable.  As with Lisa, it just reminded me that she's not quite at that level yet.
2
. Mandisa
- SHACKLES!  I led an energizer to this song on stage in Florida in front of 200 high schoolers!  I was definitely up dancing.  The girl can BLOW!  I agree that it was a bit pretentious, but totally the right move.
1. Taylor - I can't put my finger on it exactly, but I just love how genuine he is.  Is it bad that I could tell he had a haircut?  Anyway, I look forward to him every week and I think as the petty people start to leave and older, wiser folks start to vote toward the end of the competition, he'll start to pull away.


BOTTOM THREE:
Bucky, Lisa, Ace with Bucky going home


2 comments:

Susanna said...

Why why WHY WHY WHY?!?!! I can't believe we must endure another week of Bucky....

Yucky.

Anonymous said...

what is an energizer?