Monday, January 23, 2006

Yo, Bert! I thought you were blogging about the weather.

Yeah, me too!

This is my snow angel from last weekend.

The first storm of the winter really packed a punch, dumping more snow overnight than I'd ever seen come down all at once. The winter was finally here! I'd mentally prepared myself after being repeatedly warned of the 119+ in. average snowfall every year. This southern boy was ready.

Since that early December weekend and a near record breaking month that doubled the average ... NOTHING!

We're on pace to easily have the least snowy January on record, currently at a measly 4.7 inches. This is pathetic, really.

The first 20 or so inches hung around for a while, but by the December holidays, we were no longer dreaming of a white Christmas. It actually hit the 60s this month for a day or two, constantly melting any little flurries that have tested their fate.

All the hype and joking about freezing my toosh off -- nada. Completely disappointing.

Bring it on, I say. Bring it on. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have a toosh? Plus, I just saw on cnn that Old Man Winter has hit the Northeast again (today, Tues) I think. Did little ole Robbie get missed? At least you've seen snow. All I've seen is a dusting and it's been so warm the Cherry Blossoms are already started to do just that, blossom.